AddThis.com

Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 24, 2012

My heart is by the Sea of Galilee

Every two weeks or so, I pay a visit to my mother who lives in Tiberias, a town by the Sea of Galilee. My mom is 95 now, and we go out together to a fish or Thai food restaurant in the vicinity, to enjoy some time together.
I visited there last Saturday. Spring was in the air. It was so pleasant and warm, and I took a few photographs.
Eucalyptus grove in the restaurant's backyard



Tiberias is a small city  located  on the western shore of the Sea of Galilee  in Israel.  It was built in 20 BC and named after the Roman emperor Tiberius.

The Sea of Galilee, or as we called it in Hebrew - The Kinneret (in Hebrew the word "Kinor" means a violin , and the shape of the Kinneret is that of a violin) is located in the east side of the Galilee Northern part of Israel, near the Golan Heights in the Jordan Rift Valley. It is a fresh water lake. and is the largest freshwater lake in Israel. As in the past there were quite a few earth quakes and volcanic activities in the area,  there are many basalt rocks in Tiberias, and in the lake itself. 

If you have read the New Testament of the bible you may know that according to the gospels, The ministry of Jesus upon the earth centered around the Sea of Galilee. He spent most of the three years of his ministry along the shore of the Kinneret. Many of  his parables were given here and the Sea of Galilee is where many of his miracles were performed.
Myabe all this will explain why I am so attracted to this are. Beside it is also one of the most beautiful places I know, I grew up there, and - this is where my mother resides.

Window of my mom's bedroom


View to the Sea of Galilee

.


More view to the Sea of Galilee




It is Spring! No doubt!

As I was driving back home from my Mom's I heard John Martyn's " May you Never" on the radio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOi_wxypeGc&feature=fvsr
What a loss! he is not around us anymore!

Happy Spring to you all!

8 comments:

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Wonderful pictures! I love the one of your mother's bedroom window, just beautiful!

Christine and Company said...

How beautiful! I don't know how you ever leave. Thanks so much for sharing!

Visiting from the Etsy Blog Team

Stubborn Dog Artwork said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures! The views are stunning.

Sheryl Hastings said...

Great photos! Love the one of the window. I would love that to be my window. Beautiful!

riorita said...

Thank you for your comments everyone!

Kanelstrand said...

It looks so beautiful and I can see why your heart is there!

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

wow, it looks so beautiful there. I would love to visit!
Debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations

Jeanette said...

I saw your work on ETSY and decided to check out your blog. I am constantly amazed at the blogging world and how I can connect with someone in Israel?! I have taken a few metalsmithing classes and I would love to get some equipment and make some more jewelry. Your work is simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures of where Jesus lived. It is much prettier than I imagined.